Deer Tattoos Meaning and Design Ideas
The History of the Deer Tattoo
Hey there! What about getting inked with the deer? We can often find the deer ink in the myths of different nations. In the inking art, the deer always bears a real and positive meaning. These remarkable animals have been a long time admired and respected by people of different nations cuz of its beauty and strength.
Deer Tattoo Symbolism in Different Nations
- Northern Russian peoples identify deer with vitality and fertility. They associate its luxury branched antlers with the Tree of Life and the powerful sunlight.
- Asian nations compared the deer with the sunrise, global awakening, and renewal of the human spirit.
- The Chinese believe that the deer ink is a symbol of wealth and success in all endeavors. In China, the word “deer” sounds similar to the word “abundance”.
- The American Indians thought that the deer was a symbol of courage, solitude, justice and passion.
- The Christian religion honors the deer with a cross between its horns, considering it as a God sign and the incarnation.
- The Scandinavian people used the deer skin for the sacred shamanic rituals. And a rare reindeer in Scandinavia – a symbol of the Great Mother Isa.
- In the mysterious Mayan tribes the deer was the prototype of the god Tahila. This God was patronizing the hunt.
- In the ancient Celts tattooing the deer was one of the oldest animals on earth, so it meant a long life and rebirth.
Primary Meanings of the Deer Ink
The different nations interpret the deer inks differently. We need to know that the sense of the deer tats can cardinally vary. It depends on the body location, turn of the head, thematic design and other factors. The main meanings of the deer tattoos are:
- the longevity, virility, and fertility;
- the noble solitude, strength, serenity, and grace;
- the rebirth and durability;
- the cyclical nature of existence, the infinity of the world, symbol of the sun;
- the God symbol and the victory of good over evil;
- the power and justice.
Amongst so many significances of the deer tattoos, there is also a mysterious – this animal is sometimes related to the Tree of Life, cuz the deer antlers bear a resemblance to the crown of trees. Moreover, the deer sometimes depicted tramping the snake into the ground, which symbolizes the triumph of good over horrible evil.
Thanks to its grace and beauty, these animals are very often associated with music, poetry, and other arts.
The deer tattoo is ideal for confident and calm people, such ink gives the originality to its owner, and it is an excellent guide through the life.
Deer Tattoos Design Ideas
Black and White Deer Tattoos
Undoubtedly, the deer is one of the most beautiful animals in the world. A lot of people prefer to wear black and white tats of stags, as they look really sophisticated. We, in turn, did our best to find the most gorgeous of the related designs.
Buck Tattoos Designs
Someone can argue that deer inks are not for the real man. However, this awesome dot work shows that this opinion is at least contentious. The buck on a man’s arm looks not only beautiful, but also pretty masculine.
Cool Deer Thigh Tattoo
If you are looking for the higly awesome tat on the thigh, you should take a look at this one. The idea, as well as the design itself, is really cool. If you wear such a tattoo, you will wake up in the morning and remind yourself that you are brave like a wolf, smart like a fox and strong like a deer.
Deer Head Tattoos on Chest
This ink is highly inspiring. It’s not just a beautiful picture – the head of this gorgeous animal can be considered as the symbol of wisdom, strength, and longevity. The place also matters – wearing it on the chest allows you to keep it close to your heart.
Deer Sleeve Tattoos
If you are tired of standard sleeve tats, you should check this gorgeous design out. This realistic ink can impress anyone in your surrounding – professional execution and original idea make it really creative.
Deer Tattoos on Back
What do you imagine when you hear the phrase ‘deer tat on back’? Maybe something brutal and masculine? Well, this sophisticated geometric design will show you that such inks can look perfect on ladies’ bodies.
Small Watercolor Deer Tattoo
Tats don’t have to be huge to be unique and eye-catching. Just take a glance at this small watercolor design – it’s really sophisticated! The gentle, positive colors, perfect form, and great idea make this ink the ideal decoration for woman’s ankle.
Stag Tattoo Ideas
If you are looking for something that symbolizes strength, braveness, or even the victory of good over evil, just take a look at this gorgeous black and grey work! If all of the above mentioned is about you, there is no better animal than stag to emphasize this!
Traditional Deer Skull Tattoo
The skulls inks have already become the true classic of the tattoo art. Though this traditional design is quite widespread, you can still make it creative. Maybe you’ll be inspired by this gorgeous example we found!
Tribal Deer Tattoos for Girls
We used to think that tribal tats are not for girls. No one can deny that they usually look pretty masculine and even brutal, but not this one! Just take a glance at this gorgeous ink that breaks all the stereotypes!